City owned utilities
When setting up service in the city of Altamont, there are a few things you should be aware of.
To submit an application for city services, you mast present two forms of identification. If you have questions concerning what types of identifiation are acceptible, please contact us at 618-483-5212 or fill out the form on the contact us page.
Bills are due to the city on the 17th of each month. Past due bills will incur late fees and/or disconnection.
You can mail your payment to:
City of Altamont, 202 N Second Street, Altamont, IL 62411
or place it in the drop-box on the east side of the Municipal Building.
If you are renting or purchasing on contract, you are required to pay a deposit of $500 for city owned electric, water and sewer. There is no deposit when you own your property.
- In City Limits Fee: $13.75 @ month
- Have garbage at curbside by 10pm
- Wednesday Evening - All residents south of Conrail Railroad
- Thursday Evening - All residents north of Conrail Railroad
To set up service
To set up city utility service, please call 618-483-5212 or stop by the Municipal Building at 202 N. Second Street. Remeber, if you are renting or purchasing on contract, you are required to pay a deposit of $500 for city owned electric, water and sewer.
- 1" | $1400.00 + Tax | Monthly Minimum: $14.00
- 1.5" | Material Cost + Tax | Monthly Minimum: $150.00
- 2" | Material Cost + Tax | Monthly Minimum: $150.00
New Tap: $100.00 + Inspection: $100.00 = Total: $200.00
Electric fees vary per service type, distance and special circumstance
- Electrical Outage 483-6644 | Follow instuctions and department personnel will be notified electronically
- Water Leak: 483-5212 | During Business Hours Mon-Fri
- After Hours and holidays - 483-6219
- For Police, Fire and Ambulance please dial 911